Netgear EX6250 range extender boosts wifi coverage with your existing home network. Netgear AC1750 dual-band mesh extender works with any wireless standard router. It is ideal for HD video streaming and gaming. It extends wireless signals up to 1750 Mbps. It supports MU MIMO technology and powered by a quad-core processor. It creates whole-home wifi mesh with your existing router. It features the FastLane technology uses both bands to establish one high-speed connection. This article guides you on Netgear EX6250 extender setup. Have a look at the below instructions:
Install the Netgear EX6250 in Extender Mode:
- First of all, set the Access Point/Extender switch to Extender.
- Now, place the extender in the same room as your wireless router.
- Select the best location to place the Netgear extender. You can choose the location with the help of a router link LED.
- Plug the Netgear Ac1750 extender into a power outlet. Wait for the power light to turn green.
- To connect the extender to the router using the WPS connection, read the next section.
Connect the Netgear EX6250 to the network
After you complete the initial setup, you need to log into your Netgear extender to view or manage the extender’s settings. Before you proceed, connect the extender to the network via installation assistant.
- Plug the Netgear EX6250 range extender in an electrical outlet. If the extender does not turn on then press the Power ON/OFF button on the extender to turn it on.
- Afterward, connect the range extender to the computer with the Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar. Press ‘Enter’.
- Next, the netgear installation assistant appears. Follow the online instructions to connect the EX6250 to the network.
- Wait for the router link LED to turn green.
- Unplug the Netgear EX6250 and place it at a new place. Wait for the power LED to turn green.
Log in to the Netgear EX6250 range extender
Follow the steps explained below for the Netgear extender login process:
- Launch a web browser and visit www.mywifiext.net
- When a login screen appears, enter the default username and password of the netgear extender. Click ‘Log In’ option.
- It will redirect you to the Netgear EX6250 extender setup page.
- Click on the ‘Smart Setup’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps to configure the extender.
How to find the IP address of the Netgear EX6250?
To find the IP address, do the following:
- Log in to your router’s configuration page.
- On the router web interface, find the page that lists the devices connected to your router.
- Look for the EX6250 extender in the list and note your extender’s IP address.
- Enter this IP address in the address bar and a login page displays.
This was all about the Netgear EX6250 Extender setup process. Hope this article helped you. If you need further information on Netgear extender login then contact our experts. Dial a toll-free no. or do a live chat with us.