Netgear Wireless Connection
Netgear has a range of wireless products that make your life easier. The most popular devices of Netgear are its routers and modems that have become popular among the users. Now a day, everybody wants the fast and furious speed of their internet connection. Internet speed has a great impact on our day-to-day activities that cannot be performed without the internet. Netgear introduced the world’s fastest wireless router to meet every type of home networking need. It promises to provide you with seamless internet connectivity across home or workplace as the Netgear router comes packed with extraordinary features. Netgear router is easy to access via routerlogin.net and roll up with unique features include parental controls, guest network, IPV6 support, ReadyShare USB access, or much more.
What are some ways I can connect My Netgear Router to the Devices ?
If you have bought up the Netgear router then the first possible task is to configure it. You would be able to configure the Netgear router’s settings or customize its smart features once you complete the Netgear router setup process via routerlogin.net. In order to enjoy an uninterrupted Wi-Fi on your wireless devices such as a computer, laptop or more, you need to connect it to the network. Following are some ways to connect the Netgear router to your network:
Netgear Router Setup using WPS method
WPS method is the simplest method to configure the range extender. You need not to type network name and password to get connected with home network. Follow the below instructions carefully to avoid unwanted troubles throughout Netgear installation process.
- First of all, place your router in the optimal location.
- Now, put your Netgear router on power to provide the power supply.
- Next, turn on the router and check the status of the Power LED. When it turns into a green that means it is ready to go.
Connecting Devices via the WPS Button
- First of all, locate the WPS button on the side panel of the router.
- Press the WPS button and wait for the LED to blink.
- Simultaneously, press the WPS button on the computer.
- Try to press both the buttons at the same time to make a strong connection between the router and the device.
- Once connected, you need to configure the router with it settings.
- For this, launch a browser on your PC and browse to the http://routerlogin.net.
- On the Netgear login page, enter the default username and password. Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- It will redirect you to the Netgear router’s page where you can make advanced configurations as per your need.
Reset the Netgear Router
It is fairly simple to set up the Netgear router and quickly run under your command. Like other electronic devices, Netgear routers tend to malfunction due to multiple reasons. You can have various connection issues with the Netgear wireless router and it is not easy to recover the router from these issues.
In case, you forget the Netgear username and password, don’t need to worry. Just perform a simple reset process. You can reset the Netgear Wi-Fi router by two ways.
- a) Netgear router Reset via the Reset Button
- b) Netgear router Reset through a web browser
- Launch a browser on your PC or any Wi-Fi device that is connected to your NETGEAR router.
- Then type in the default IP address in the address bar of the browser. You can also use the default web address of Netgear router i.e. http://routerlogin.net.
- On the Netgear login page, enter the login credentials to log in to your router’s interface.
- Next, select the Settings & click the “Backup Settings”.
- Next, you will see the “Revert to Factory Default settings” option.
- Now, click on the “Erase” option and your Netgear router will reset to its factory Default settings.
- After reset, your router restarts automatically. Now, try to set up your device again.
- For this, locate the Reset button on the bottom side of your router.
- Now, press and hold the Reset button via a paper clip for at least 10 seconds.
- Next, wait for the LED to turn into green.
- After reset, restart the device and try to set up it once again.
Some Common Netgear Router FAQs
Query: How to find the best to place my Netgear Wireless router?
Answer: The ideal location to place the router is at the center where your computer and other devices operate. It must be placed at a place which is away from electromagnetic interference.
Query: Can I change my router’s login username other than admin?
Answer: No, you can’t change the username of your Netgear router. You can only change the admin password.
Query: How do I log into my Netgear router?
Answer: First of all, connect your PC to the Netgear router’s network. Then launch a web browser on your PC and browse to the http://routerlogin.net. Next window appears on your PC asking for the username and password. Enter the default login credentials of the Netgear router. Now, click Login to access the Netgear router login page.
Query: How do I physically connect my Netgear router?
Answer: Use the Ethernet cable to connect the router to your existing modem. Connect its one end to the modem and the other end to the LAN port of the router. Now, connect the Ethernet port of your computer to the LAN port f your router via another Ethernet cable. Plug the power adapter into a power outlet and turn the router on.
Query: How do I secure my home wireless network?
Answer: Try changing the default wireless password of the Netgear router to a more secure password. Log into the router’s basic home page and access the wireless settings. Now, set a new password for your wireless network. Also, select the strongest security such as WPA2 standard to keep your router secure.
Query: How do I upgrade my Netgear router firmware?
Answer: Go through the router’s settings and select the ‘Administration’ tab. Now, click the ‘Firmware Update’ tab and then ‘Check’ button. After that, click ‘Yes’ to download and install the firmware of the Netgear router.
Query: How can I change the admin password of my Netgear Router?
Answer: Log into the router’s interface via http://routerlogin.net. Now, click the ‘Maintenance’ tab in the settings menu. Then click on the ‘Set Password’ option. Set the new password for your router and click ‘Apply’.